Monday 30 June 2008

Sigourney Weaver - Weaver Makes Bid For Space Travel


Actress SIGOURNEY WEAVER is begging Virgin tycoon SIR RICHARD BRANSON to let her be next celebrity to venture into space.

The Aliens star has been inspired by Branson's adventurous pursuits, including hot-air balloon flights and space travel under his Virgin banner.

And she admits that a rumour she was planning space travel actually inspired her to try it out for real.

Weaver says, "I'd love to go (to space). Sure, if I had the opportunity. I read somewhere that I was going... I apparently was on the passenger list. I was apparently on the invitation (from Branson)."

But the actress has a back-up plan if she never receives the alleged call from the Virgin boss. She muses, "I'm building my own (spaceship) in my backyard."

British entrepreneur Branson signed a $28 million (GBP14million) agreement in 2004 to have five Virgin Galactic 'spaceliners' built in the U.S. A trip on the first privately developed carrier is estimated to cost $200,000 (GBP100,000)





See Also